The Community Nursing Service provides skilled nursing assessment, care, advice and health education to patients who cannot leave their own homes. They work closely with the GPs and other professionals to ensure that you and your family receive the help and support needed when being nursed in the community.
Patients eligible to use the nursing service in their own homes are those who:
- are unable to travel to surgery/hospital due to serious illness or disability
- are recovering from surgical intervention and are unable to travel
- need palliative nursing care
- have undergone chemotherapy/radiotherapy and travel would be detrimental to recovery
- need treatment which cannot be appropriately carried out in the surgery setting
Our district nurses can be contacted via the surgery on 01308 861938. Please let us know if you are not going to be at home when a visit has been arranged. It is also important to keep any pets under control when a member of the team is due to call.